- Future Students
- Student Administration & Fees
- Calendars & Timetables
- Academic Enabling & Support Centre
- IT Support
- Student Grievances & Appeals
- VET Programs
- International Students
- Study Abroad
- Student Services
- Disability Support
- Counselling Service
- Student Associations
- Campus Ministry
- Campus Security
- UNDA: Respect. Now. Always.
- Academic Integrity Module
- About Notre Dame
- Staff & Future Staff
- Research & Institutes
- Careers Service
- Community & Development
Thrive at Notre Dame
Welcome to the Student Counselling Service on Notre Dame's Fremantle Campus. We want you to thrive at University. We provide free, professional and confidential counselling services to all students at Notre Dame to help you successfully achieve your academic and personal goals.
We recognise that many things can impact on your health and wellbeing while studying. Our counsellors provide a safe and supportive environment in which you can discuss issues impacting on your study. Counsellors will help you develop strategies to address your concerns, improve mental health and wellbeing and achieve your academic goals.
- What can I talk to a counsellor about?
- When is the most helpful time to talk with a counsellor?
- I am in crisis or worried about someone else
- I need support for Special Consideration, Deferred or Irregularly Scheduled Exams & Retroactive Withdrawal
- I would like assistance with my grievance or appeal
- I would like advice about my discipline committee hearing
- I want to attend a Success Now! Workshop
- I want to join a Thrive@ UNI support group
- Get involved in events
- Become a Mental Health & Wellbeing Advocate
- I have a disability
- I’m a mature age student
- I’m an international student
- I’m an indigenous student
- Other Counselling Services
- Online Resources
- Where is the Student Counselling Office?
- I want to make an appointment now
- What can I do while waiting for my appointment?
We also offer Success Now! Workshops through the Academic Enabling and Support Centre and Thrive@UNI Support Groups designed to help you thrive at University.
|Success Now! Workshops facilitated by the|
Counselling Service will help you:
|Thrive@Uni Support Groups|
Workshops are free for all students and run for 50 minutes. See the Academic Enabling and Support Centre Success Now! Workshop calendar for dates, times and locations.
Thrive@UNI Support Groups focus on providing encouragement and support to students with similar interests and needs. We currently run support groups for students with disability, Indigenous students, students with ADHD and students who experience social anxiety. All groups are facilitated by experienced counsellors or psychologists. Groups usually run for 50-90 mins fortnightly. |
For more information about the groups contact Andrew Duirs or Lyn Tieleman
Student Mental Health Advocates
Interested in Mental Health and Wellbeing? Become a Student Mental Health Advocate.
This is an excellent volunteer opportunity to help other students, develop health promotion skills and contribute to the development of a mentally healthy student body.
For more information about becoming a Student Mental Health Advocate contact Andrew Duirs
Contact the Counselling Service at 9433 0580 or call into
ND5/100, P&O Hotel (entrance via laneway at 20 Mouat Street)