Port Lodge

In 1899, Lord Forrest, Premier of Western Australia, laid the foundation stone for the Port Lodge building facing Marine Terrace. The following year the building opened as the Sailor’s Rest. It had a fine two-storey verandah with lacework panels.

Initially it comprised a small recital hall seating 120, individual apartments and a dining room with adjacent sitting rooms. The back section was added in May 1943 and opened by the then Lieutenant Governor, Sir James Mitchell. It became a boarding house in 1976 and was renamed Port Lodge.

 

 


Port Lodge