Professor Chris Hackett
BA/BEd (UWA), Grad Dip Arts (RE) (ECU), MRE (UNDA), Ph D (UNDA)
Associate Dean (Religious Education)
Phone: 9433 0159
Youth Ministry and Service
Teacher formation in Religious Education
Catholic school culture and identity
Research and engagement
- Hackett, C., & Lavery, S. D. (2012). Formation of pre-service teachers for religious education through experiential learning: The retreat leaders training program. Journal of Religious Education, 60(2), 13-23.
- Berlach, R. G., & Hackett, C. (2012). Upper secondary school religion and life course: Perceptions of the inaugural cohort. Religious Education Journal of Australia, 28(1), 9-15.
- Hackett, C. & Lavery, S. (2011). Student ministry: Youth ‘step up’ to lead and serve. Journal of Catholic School Studies, 83(1), 54-62.
- Hackett, C. (2010). The role of experiential content knowledge in the formation of beginning RE teachers. Journal of Religious Education, 58(1), 38-49.
- Hackett, C., & Lavery, S. D. (2010). ASPIRE: Formation of pre-service teachers through leadership, community engagement and retreat training. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 35(1), 76-89.
- Hackett, C., & Lavery, S. (2010). Formation of quality pre-service teachers through leadership, service and pastoral care. In R. Toomey, T. Lovat, N. Clement & K. Daily (Eds.), Teacher education and values pedagogy: A student wellbeing approach (Ch. 6). Terrigal, NSW: David Barlow Publishing.
- Hackett, C. B. (2009). What is the best and most special about teaching religious education? Journal of Religious Education, 57(1), 14-24.
- Hackett, C. (2008). The perceptions of recently assigned secondary religious education teachers. Journal of Religious Education, 56(1), 25-37.
- Lavery, S. D., & Hackett, C. (2008). Christian service learning in Catholic schools. Journal of Religious Education, 56(3), 18-24.
- Hackett, C., & Lavery, S. (2010). Student ministry: Preparing young people as leaders for the 21st century. Paper presented at the Fifth International Conference on Catholic Educational Leadership. Sofitel Wentworth Sydney Hotel, NSW, 2-4 August.
- Hackett, C. (2007). Developing a Model for Teacher Formation in Religious Education. Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE) 2007 International Educational Research Conference.
Chair, Editorial Management Team, Ejournal of Catholic Education in Australasia