- Future Students
- Current Students
- About Notre Dame
- Staff & Future Staff
- Research & Centres
- Careers Centre
- Community & Development
Phone: 9433 0298
Ben has 10 years experience as a Health and Physical Education Educator and has taught in Queensland, Western Australia, England and the United States. Ben’s undergraduate degree is from the University of Queensland (1993). His Masters in Science was completed at Edith Cowan University and was titled: “The relationship between training load and injury and illness over a pre-season at an AFL Club”.
Ben has a strong interest in Strength and Conditioning and has worked with athletes in cricket, rugby league, rugby union and AFL. He is a Level 2 Strength and Conditioning Coach and presents regularly at AFL coaching courses. Ben’s main area of research interest is with monitoring training loads and the use of skill based conditioning games.
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association
- National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Exercise and Sports Science, Australia
- Western Australia College of Teaching
- Piggott, B., Newton, M. & McGuigan, M (2009). The relationship between training load and injury and illness over a pre-season at an AFL Club. Journal of Australian Strength and Conditioning 17 (3) 4-17.