Susan Edgar graduated from Physiotherapy in Qld in 1992 and has worked in Qld and the UK before settling in Perth in 1998. She has worked in a variety of clinical areas including the WA liver transplant team, cardiac surgery, orthopaedics, hand therapy and musculoskeletal outpatients. Susan has been involved in the clinical supervision of physiotherapy students since 2000, with special interest areas including preparing students for clinical practice and training of clinical supervisors. She is currently undertaking her Masters in Health Professional Education to further her skills in teaching, assessment and research.
| 2007 - Present
||The University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle.
||Clinical Education Liaison Manager/Lecturer
|2002 - 2007
||Private practice, Perth
|2000 - 2006
||Curtin University of Technology
||Associate Lecturer/ Clinical Supervisor
|1998 - 2000
||Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
||Greenslopes Hospital, Brisbane.
||Oxford, Newcastle, Cornwall NHS, UK
||The Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy 1989-1992 University of Queensland
- Currently studying : Masters of Health Professional Education, UWA
- Clinical Supervision Workshops – metropolitan and rural
Clincal Education Role
- Currently 2nd year placement coordinator and coordinator of 1st year Pre Clinical Experience
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and National Educators Group
- Member of Australian and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators (ANZAHPE)
- Predictive Validity of Admission Interviews for the School of Physiotherapy, Notre Dame
- Exploring the relevance of undergraduate reflective journaling to reflective professional practice amongst employed new graduate physiotherapist
Connaughton, J., Edgar, S. (2011). Framework for Reflective practice. Focus on Health Professional Education: a Multi-Disciplinary Journal, 12 (3), 89-93.