- Future Students
- Student Administration & Fees
- Calendars & Timetables
- Academic Enabling & Support Centre
- IT Support
- VET Programs
- International Students
- Study Abroad
- Student Services
- Student Grievances & Appeals
- Disability Support
- Student Associations
- Indigenous Portal
- Academic Integrity Module
- Careers Service
- About Notre Dame
- Staff & Future Staff
- Research & Institutes
- Community & Development
- Student Wellbeing & Support
School of Nursing and Midwifery Postgraduate studies
The School of Nursing and Midwifery provides the opportunity for registered nurses and midwives to advance their knowledge and skills in a number of domains of practice. Applications for postgraduate study (coursework and research) are accepted all year round.
On submission of your postgraduate application you will be contacted for an interview with a member of staff from the School. Courses options, units and advanced standing processes will be discussed at this time.
Postgraduate Courses 2018
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Nursing Co-Badged Health Service Course
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing
- Graduate Certificate in Mental Health and Allied Health (interprofessional)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Management Co-Badged Health Service Course
- Graduate Diploma of Clinical Nursing Co-Badged Health Service Course
- Graduate Diploma of Nursing
- Graduate Diploma of Perioperative Nursing Co-Badged Health Service Course
- Graduate Diploma of Critical Care Nursing Co-Badged Health Service Course
- Graduate Diploma of Mental Health Nursing and Allied Health (interprofessional)
- Graduate Diploma of Forensic Nursing
- Graduate Diploma of Midwifery Entry to Practice qualification
- Masters of Nursing (Coursework)
- Masters of Nursing (Research degree)
- Doctor of Nursing (Research degree)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Research degree)
Please note the Diploma of Forensics course is offered biennial, new course openings S1 2019
All speciality courses are available at a Master Level with the noted specialisation.
- Master of Nursing Specialisation Clinical Nursing
- Master of Nursing Specialisation Mental Health
- Master of Nursing Specialisation Leadership and Management
- Master of Nursing Specialisation Perioperative Nursing
- Master of Nursing Specialisation Critical Care
- Master of Nursing Specialisation Forensics
Graduate Certificate/Diploma/Masters of Nursing – coursework general stream
For students enrolled into the general nursing stream, a selection of units of study are available each semester for you to choose from. This list is updated each semester.
It is important to meet with the Postgraduate Coordinator prior to each semester to discuss your enrolment. First semester students will complete this at orientation.
Graduate Certificate/Diploma – Speciality courses
Students enrolled into specific discipline courses will have set units of study to complete, these will be discussed on enrolment into the course.
Co-Badged Health Service Courses
Students will be enrolled into the specific units of study required for the course. Please note that these courses are dependent upon employment contracts with a relevant Health Care Facility. For further information please refer to the course flyers above or contact the School of Nursing and Midwifery.
School of Nursing and Midwifery Orientation
Students who have enrolled into a postgraduate course on campus at Notre Dame will be invited to attend an orientation session on campus. For students enrolled into one of the co-badged health service courses your orientation will be provided by your employer.
Monday 19th February 2018
Students will be provided with room details via email
The orientation day will be facilitated by the Postgraduate Coordinator:
- Orientation to the University
- Enrolment of courses
- Academic writing – tips and tactics
- Program/Course expectations
- Library orientation
- Student cards (if required)
For further information please contact the School of Nursing and Midwifery on 9433 0627