Dr Kylie Russell
PhD, Masters in Health Science (Ed), Bachelor of Nursing
Postgraduate Coordinator and A/Associate Dean
Phone: 9433 0183
Dr Russell has 20 years of experience working in nursing, and is recognised for her expertise in the area of student clinical supervision, student models of supervision and staff mentorship.
Kylie has completed her PhD in the area of student clinical supervision and staff attitudes towards students in the workplace. Kylie has completed previous research in this area and has presented at various conferences and published in this area. Kylie has also completed her Masters in Health Science (Education).
Nursing Management and Leadership
Nursing Clinical supervision and Mentorship
Education and Learning
Supervision of Masters, PhD students
Research and engagement
Russell, K., Hobson, A., & Watts, R. (2011). The team leader model: An alternative to preceptorship. Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing, 28(3), 5-13.
- WA Health Conference Perth, November 2013 - The Art of Clinical Supervision: A journey of interprofessional Learning
- Australasian Nurse Educators Conference Wellington, October 2013 - The Art of Clinical Supervision: The implementation and evaluation of a clinical supervision program for registered nurses in Western Australia
- Australian and New Zealand Association Health Professional Educators (ANZAHPE) June, 2013 - The Art of Clinical Supervision: Its impact on nursing staffs knowledge and attitude (poster)
- ‘8th International Innovations in Nursing Conference’ Perth, November 2012 - Vietnam Immersion: The role of the Clinical Supervisor; and - Vietnam Immersion, student stories (poster)
- ‘14th National Nurse Education’ Conference Perth, March 2012 - The development of the 'Clinical Supervision Program for Registered Nurses'; and - Is 1240 hours sustainable for undergraduate nurse practicum? ; and - Vietnam Immersion: A time line (poster)
- Leadership and Practice Conference Hobart, November 2008 - Team Leader Model for Clinical Supervision: Where to from here?
- Royal College of Nursing Australia (RCNA) Conference Perth, September 2008 - Evaluation of the Team Leader Model for Clinical Supervision
- 3rd International Innovations in Nursing Conference Perth, November 2007 - Implementation of the Team Leader Model for Clinical Supervision
Western Australian Honour Society of Nursing – Nurse Leader category: Committee secretary
Australian Nurse Teachers Society
Australian and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators (ANZHPE)
Australian Nursing Federation
2011-2012 Australian Federal Government: ANZAC Centenary Sub Committee for Education and Curriculum
2010-2011 Australian Federal Government: National Commission for ANZAC Centenary, publication available: www.dva.gov.au
1999-2000 Volunteer Nurse, East Timor (2 months)
2011: Australian and Learning Teaching Council (ALTC): Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning
2010: ‘Lecturer of the Year’, School of Nursing, The University of Notre Dame Australia
2012 - 2014 Health Workforce Australia, Clinical Supervision Support Program: State-wide implementation of the ‘Art of Clinical Supervision’ ($500,000)