- Future Students
- Student Administration & Fees
- Calendars & Timetables
- Academic Enabling & Support Centre
- IT Support
- Student Grievances & Appeals
- International Students
- Study Abroad
- Student Services
- Disability Support
- Counselling Service
- Student Associations
- Campus Ministry
- Exam Tips
- About Notre Dame
- Staff & Future Staff
- Research & Institutes
- Careers Service
- Community & Development
Dr Carmel Posa
BSc, PG Nitr (Flinders,SA), PDipEd (ACU) BTheol (Flinders,SA),
MA(Theol) ( Collegeville, Minnesota) PhD (Melbourne College of Divinity)
Phone: 9433 0138
Carmel Posa is a member of the Good Samaritan Sisters of the Order of St Benedict. She completed her Bachelor of Science and Post-Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics from Flinders University of South Australia in 1979 and 1980 respectively. In 1989 she obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching from Australian Catholic University (Vic). Carmel completed her Bachelor of Theology from Flinders University of South Australia in 1994 and then studied in the USA at St. John's University, Collegeville, Minnesota, where she obtained a Master of Arts in Theology in 1996 majoring in Monastic Studies. She completed her doctoral studies through the Melbourne College of Divinity - an affiliate of Melbourne University. Her thesis title was: Neither more than a Christian nor more than a woman - "Nec plusquam christianae appeteremus esse" : the theology and spirituality of the body in the writings of Heloise of the Paraclete. Carmel has recently returned to the Fremantle campus after 8 years as co-ordinator of the Core Curriculum on the Broome Campus.
Carmel has a number of publications some of which are listed below:
- “Discretio: Heloise of the Paraclete's embodied Reading of the Rule of Benedict" forthcoming in American Benedictine Review, 2010
- "Heloise's Engagement with the Bible: A Continuing Journey" forthcoming in The Bible and Women: An Encyclopaedia of Exegesis and Cultural History, ed. Adriana Valerio et al, Brill, Leiden.
- “Desire: The Language of Love in the Feminine in the Letters of Heloise”, in Words of Love: Love of Words, ed. Albrecht Classen, Arizona:ACMS, 2008, 129-148.
- "Divine Love in the Writings of Heloise of the Paraclete", Tjurunga: An Australasian Benedictine Review, No. 73, November 2008.
- “Specialiter: The Language of the Body and Bodies in the Letters of Heloise”, Magistra: A Journal of Women’s Spirituality in History, Vol. 11 No. 1, Summer 2005.
- “Desire: The Language of Love in the Feminine in the Letters of Heloise”, Tjurunga: An Australasian Benedictine Review, No. 69, November 2005.
- “Mary and Zossima: Icons of Mutuality in the Spiritual Journey”, Tjurunga: An Australasian Benedictine Review, No. 57, November 1999.
- “Keeping Vigil on the Edge: Three Models of Leadership in Monastic Women of the Middle Ages”, Tjurunga: An Australasian Benedictine Review, No. 62, May 2002.
- “A Monastic Response”, New Norcia Studies, No. September 1999.