- Future Students
- Student Administration & Fees
- Calendars & Timetables
- Academic Enabling & Support Centre
- IT Support
- VET Programs
- International Students
- Study Abroad
- Student Services
- Student Grievances & Appeals
- Disability Support
- Student Associations
- Indigenous Portal
- Academic Integrity Module
- Careers Service
- About Notre Dame
- Staff & Future Staff
- Research & Institutes
- Community & Development
- Student Wellbeing & Support
World Youth Day (WYD)
WYD is a week-long festival of faith, fun and friendship, where millions of young adults from around the globe gather together in a different city to celebrate their Catholic faith. Founded by Saint Pope Saint John Paul II, these events have taken place all over the world, including Sydney in 2008 (where Pope Benedict visited our own Notre Dame campus).
WYD captured the hearts of 16 students and staff as they embarked on the life changing journey in Brazil, in 2013. They helped, by doing missionary work in poverty-stricken Lima, mixed with many cultures in the iconic city of Rio de Janeiro and finally, journeyed around the majestic Iguazu Falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
The next WYD will take place in the founder’s home country of Krakow, Poland.
Here are 4 ways you can participate in the upcoming WYD in Poland.
- Join the Sydney Archdiocesan Marian Shrines Tour (4 weeks)
- Join the Sydney Archdiocesan Footsteps of John Paul II Tour (4 weeks)
- Join the Krakow Direct Pilgrim Group (2 weeks)
- Become a Small Group Leader with Catholic Youth Services
- Fundraise with your local parish youth group through the Catholic Weekly Project
To find out more details about the above ways of participating in WYD, click the options link to the right. If you would like to head to WYD, let the Chaplaincy know ASAP and we’ll pass on the most up-to-date information: Sydney.Chaplaincy@nd.edu.au