- Future Students
- Student Administration & Fees
- Calendars & Timetables
- Academic Enabling & Support Centre
- IT Support
- VET Programs
- International Students
- Study Abroad
- Student Centre
- Student Services
- Student Grievances & Appeals
- Disability Support
- Student Associations
- Indigenous Portal
- Academic Integrity Module
- Careers Service
- About Notre Dame
- Staff & Future Staff
- Research & Institutes
- Community & Development
- Student Wellbeing & Support
Learn about a career in teaching from experts
to consider teaching as a meaningful career path.
7 May 2014
The University of Notre Dame Australia is encouraging people to consider teaching as a meaningful career path. Notre Dame’s upcoming Learning to Teach event will provide an opportunity for people to have their questions about a career in education answered by renowned educators and discover how they can turn a passion for making a difference to children’s lives into a career.
Hosted by Notre Dame’s School of Education Sydney the event will consist of a number of drop-in sessions including:
- Q&A session with renowned educators including Brother Kelvin Brian Canavan, Executive Director Emeritus of Catholic Schools, Archdiocese of Sydney, Ms Jenni Payne, Principal Mater Dei Catholic Primary, Blakehurst, Mr Phillip Merchant, teacher Loreto Normanhurst, Ms Jody-Lee Cini, teacher St Christopher’s Primary School, Holsworthy.
- ‘HSIE: inspiration and implementation’ lecture – to provide a taste of life as a Notre Dame education student.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to network and hear from people who have used an education degree to make a difference in the world.
Specifically designed for those looking to up-skill, change careers or re-enter the workforce in a more meaningful career, attendees will also hear in detail about the courses available at Notre Dame including early childhood, primary and secondary education and how they can get a head-start by studying in semester 2 2014.
People can register online at www.nd.edu.au/teaching
What: Learning to Teach School of Education Sydney event
When: Monday 19th May 2014, 2.30pm – 6.45pm
Where: 140 Broadway, Broadway 2007
Contact: 02 8204 4404
Hannah Guilfoyle: Tel (02) 8204 4141; email@example.com