- Future Students
- Student Administration & Fees
- Calendars & Timetables
- Academic Enabling & Support Centre
- IT Support
- VET Programs
- International Students
- Study Abroad
- Student Centre
- Student Services
- Student Grievances & Appeals
- Disability Support
- Student Associations
- Indigenous Portal
- Academic Integrity Module
- Careers Service
- About Notre Dame
- Staff & Future Staff
- Research & Institutes
- Community & Development
- Student Wellbeing & Support
Notre Dame graduates called to transform communities where they live and work
More than 1100 graduates of The University of Notre Dame Australia were called to display mercy, large-heartedness, generosity and faith as they farewelled the Fremantle and Sydney Campuses in December 2015 and commenced their journey as instruments of change in their communities. Hundreds more from the Sydney Campus will celebrate their graduation at the Sydney Town Hall in April 2016.
The highest achieving graduates delivered the Farewell Addresses at each of the ceremonies. In Fremantle, these were delivered by Robin Coopes-Williams (Bachelor of Counselling), Shimona Driver (Bachelor of Education (Primary) / Bachelor of Behavioural Science), Tracey Sanders (Bachelor of Nursing) and Hannah Elliott (Bachelor of Biomedical Science).
Joel Maamary (Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Surgery (Honours)) and Samantha Manson (Bachelor of Communications & Media) delivered the Farewell Addresses at the Sydney Ceremonies.
It was also a momentous occasion for a number graduates who were conferred higher degrees by research nationally -
Fremantle: Dr Jo Connaughton (Doctor of Physiotherapy Research), Dr Judith Wilson (Doctor of Philosophy, Physiotherapy), Dr Amanda McCubbin (Doctor of Education), Dr Lawrence Pang (Doctor of Philosophy, Philosophy & Theology) and Dr Jane Power (Doctor of Philosophy, Law).
Sydney: Janine Brown (Master of Philosophy), Lisa Buxton (Master of Philosophy), and Dr Natarajan Arunachalamr (Doctor of Business Administration).
Professor Celia Hammond, Notre Dame’s Vice Chancellor, said the hopes and prayers for all graduates were that they embrace life, truly live, truly love, laugh often, and above all, let God’s light shine through.
“We hope and pray that as you go out today confident in your unique gifts and talents, but with an awareness of your own fragility and humanity and with a deeper understanding of your interconnectedness with all human people, that you let God’s mercy into your heart and let it shine through in your words and actions,” Professor Hammond said.
- The Most Reverend Timothy Costelloe SDB, Archbishop of Perth – Homily
- The Most Reverend Anthony Fisher OP, Archbishop of Sydney – Homily
- 2015 Graduation Video
- Fremantle Campus Graduation photo gallery – Facebook
- Sydney Campus Graduation photo gallery - Facebook
- Robin Coopes-Williams Graduation Farewell Address (Fremantle)
- Shimona Driver Graduation Farewell Address (Fremantle)
- Tracey Saunders Graduation Farewell Address (Fremantle)
- Hannah Elliot Graduation Farewell Address (Fremantle)