- Future Students
- Student Administration & Fees
- Calendars & Timetables
- Academic Enabling & Support Centre
- IT Support
- Student Grievances & Appeals
- VET Programs
- International Students
- Study Abroad
- Student Services
- Disability Support
- Counselling Service
- Student Associations
- Indigenous Portal
- Campus Ministry
- Campus Security
- UNDA: Respect. Now. Always.
- Academic Integrity Module
- About Notre Dame
- Staff & Future Staff
- Research & Institutes
- Community & Development
Joint Consultative Committee
Welcome to the webpage of the Joint Consultative Committee at The University of Notre Dame Australia.
In accordance with Clause 26 of The University of Notre Dame Australia Enterprise Agreement 2015 – 2017 (EA), A Joint Consultative Committee was established to consult with and advise the University in relation to the below objectives and roles, as well as other ongoing issues affecting staff members at the Broome, Fremantle and Sydney campuses.
26.4 The role of the JCC is to facilitate consultation between the Parties by:
- monitoring and providing advice on the implementation of this Agreement;
- receiving and considering reports as determined by the terms of this Agreement;
- advising on impending redundancies;
- monitoring the further development of initiatives, policies and procedures consistent with the undertakings given in this Agreement;
- ensuring consultation occurs prior to decision making on matters which impact on the working lives of Staff Members; and
- increasing the quality of working life for all Staff Members, particularly in the areas of employment security, job design, skill formation, training and the working environment (both physical and mental).
The Joint Consultative Committee is comprised of academic and general staff members, both nominated and elected, by the University, the National Tertiary Education Union, and other staff members.
Your Joint Consultative Committee is comprised of:
University Appointed Representatives:
Darren Fitzpatrick, Manager, Internship Program & Internship Program Officer, School of Arts & Sciences, Sydney
Dr John Rees – Associate Professor, School of Arts & Sciences, and Convenor, Religion and Global Affairs Programme, Institute for Ethics & Society, Sydney
Stephen McVey – University Librarian, Fremantle Campus
NTEU Appointed Representatives:
Ms Fiona Whittles – Deputy Manager, Office of University Relations, Fremantle
Dr Dawn Darlaston-Jones – Associate Professor, School of Arts and Sciences, Fremantle
Elected Staff Representatives:
Michelle Scandrett, Executive Officer, School of Medicine, Sydney
Dr Richard Hamilton, Senior Lecturer, School of Philosophy & Theology, Fremantle
Although not a grievance committee, please don't hesitate to contact any of the above representatives with questions regarding your role as a University staff member in relation to the Staff Enterprise Agreement at The University of Notre Dame Australia.