Sydney Campus Course Information
Next semester commencing February 2018
Applications open – apply now
If you’re thinking about going to uni in 2017 and want to apply to Notre Dame after you receive your final Year 12 results (from 16 December), you’ll be pleased to know that Notre Dame goes beyond the ATAR as an indicator of your potential; we intentionally look for more. ...read more
- If your Year 12 results will get you directly into a degree – that’s great – there’s a course for you – for most courses our indicative (approximate) ATAR is 70. For Law the indicative ATAR is 90.
- We also realise that sometimes, students receive results which are below what they were expecting, or perhaps you weren’t eligible to receive an ATAR. Maybe you weren’t even considering uni in Years 11 and 12 but have now changed your mind. That’s OK too as there’s a uni pathway for those who want to build their skills and confidence before moving into a degree course.
The different courses and the application form for Notre Dame are shown below. Most Year 12 leavers will be interested in either the Pre-University Courses or the Undergraduate and Graduate Courses.
Applications are made direct to Notre Dame, not through UAC.
- Pre-University pathway
- Undergraduate and Graduate Courses (Bachelor degree programs)
- Postgraduate Courses
- Unit Information
- Core Curriculum: The LOGOS Programme
Applications for all other courses are still open and classes start in late February.
Refer to the Application Information below
Notre Dame’s Pathway to Uni program provides the transition into degree study. For some students, making the jump straight into uni study can be quite daunting. A pathway program can be just the answer to transition into uni. You might be in Year 12 and chose not to get an ATAR or perhaps your ATAR isn’t as strong as you might have hoped. Or it might be that school wasn’t for you but now you want to go to uni.
Whether you’ve already finished school, perhaps worked for a year or more or you’re a mum wanting to go to uni, the pathway program will provide the way for you to get your uni degree.
For more information visit Pre-University Information.
Applying to Notre Dame is easy. It’s a direct application which means you don’t have to go through online application systems such as UAC.
You can get the application form:
- in the undergraduate or postgraduate course guides, or
- lodge an Electronic Application online (undergraduate students only) from the website www.nd.edu.au/applynow, or
- print off the application pdf below
There’s no cost to apply to Notre Dame.
Applying to Notre Dame doesn’t impact any preferences you lodge with UAC. And likewise, submitting your UAC preferences doesn’t affect your ability to apply to Notre Dame.
We’re a Catholic uni but you don’t need to be Catholic to come here. We welcome students who are Catholic, of other faiths or those of no faith at all.
We’ll need a couple of things from you when you apply - the application form, your school or education results so we can see that you can manage the academic content of the course you want to do. And a personal statement which is your chance to tell us about you – your background, which high school you went to (if you’re a school leaver), your interests, why you want to study the course you want to, and why you want to study at Notre Dame. Your personal statement should be about 300 words.
When you submit your application we’ll assess it and let you know if we need to schedule an interview with you. After your interview, or after we complete the assessment if you don’t need to do an interview, we’ll let you know if we can make you an offer to come to Notre Dame. And we certainly hope we can.